The residence is intended to accommodate students of both sexes who wish to enter or who already attend public or private higher education. Professors, researchers, young professionals and others who, for reasons of their professional life, have some connection to the academic world may also apply for residency.
It is possible to stay in the residence during the whole school year, for some months or even for a few days. Stays are considered to be long stays of 9 months or more, the others being qualified as short-term. Preference is given to applications for long-term stays.
The candidate must complete the application form that is available on our website. The Director of the Residence communicates to the candidate, by email, the decision on his / her admission.
The residence will open a waiting list for all applicants who, although they meet the requirements, have not been admitted for lack of vacancies. In case of opening a vacancy, the Director of the Residence will immediately contact the candidate. For this reason it is important to provide all the phone numbers, mobile phone numbers and e-mail addresses on the Application Form, so that the candidate can be contacted.
The registration period starts on 1 May.
The application process consists of the following steps:
– Completion and submission of the Application Form: the form is available at the residence or can be downloaded at the link on the left. Once completed it must be delivered on-site or sent by mail or fax. You can also submit your application online.
– Communication of the decision: The Director of the Residence will inform the candidate, by any means, of the decision on whether to accept it, whether it has been accepted, included in the waiting list or not accepted. From the date you have been notified of your admission, the candidate has 5 working days to register, which consists of:
– Delivery of the Application Form: the form is available at the residence or can be downloaded through the link on the left. It must then be completed in full and delivered on-site or mailed along with the following documents:
— Certificate of enrollment in the educational institution or equivalent document;
— A color photograph of the candidate;
— Photocopy of the ID / Candidate’s Passport;
– Provision of Security: The guarantee, in the amount of one month and a half, is intended to guarantee compliance by the candidate:
— of the payments provided for in the Agreement to be signed;
— The replacement of any damage it causes in the premises and equipment of the Residence;
— of any rules of the Contract and of the Regulation whose violation determines the loss of the right to use the Residence;
— of the duration of the Contract.
The registration will only be considered effective after sending the application form and documents requested and the payment of the deposit.
At the check-in, the following documents, duly authenticated by SPRU, are delivered to the candidate:
– Contract (2 copies)
– Internal Regulation (2 copies)
All copies of the Contract and the Internal Regulations must be signed by the candidate, one copy being in his possession and the other with the director of the residence.
The occupation of the housing unit will only be possible by signing the aforementioned documents.
DISTRIBUTION OF ACCOMMODATION
The accommodation is distributed by the Director of the Residence. Older residents and those who have renewed the registration will have preference when choosing accommodation. The residence reserves the right, in case of any problem, to change the accommodation resident during their stay, provided that the new accommodation is of the same type as that object of the contract.
RETURN THE DEPOSIT
The security deposit will be returned within thirty days from the date of termination of the contract, and under the terms set forth therein, and all claims of SPRU being satisfied.
Failure by the resident to occupy the accommodation that has been assigned to him within one week from the date of commencement of the contract, determines the termination of the agreement, with consequent loss of the collateral.
In this case the accommodation will be considered free and can be assigned to another candidate.
For more information on the conditions of use and integrated provision of services, see the Internal Regulation.